Sunday, March 25, 2012

Vacations - They Should be Mandatory at Least Once a Month!

I know, I haven't posted in a bit.  There's been so much going on, I haven't even focused on Fangboner Farms for a month or so.  I know, slap me. But we went on vacation and something happened - I relaxed, kicked back and found my passion for my life and work again. It's amazing what a little sun and fun can do for you.

We went to FL to visit with my daughter Mimi and her girlfriend Stacey. We thought it would be a great idea to take Reuben along.  He is only 4 months old, so we felt it was important for bonding and training to keep him close.  And close he was - for 2692 miles in 8 days.

Reuben traveled for the first time in a doggie harness, that, in theory, keeps him confined in the back seat. We drove straight through to Jacksonville, but due to rain and traffic, took us 18 hours. We found the harness kept him from getting into the front seat, but just enough for him to nip whose ever elbow he could reach. We also thought we wouldn't drug him at all to see how he did. Yeah. Reuben got some Benedryl near Dayton - all vet approved btw. (Not quite the same as when we drugged Alex was he was 4 coming home from Myrtle Beach and he bit into the Snickers bar and right into the Dramamine. That was worth some quality therapy time.)

Considering he is still such a puppy, he did really well.  We met some really nice people in the pet walking spots of rest areas. And I took some great pictures, but unfortunately washed my iPhone in the laundry when we got home.  It didn't survive the spin cycle.  Luckily though, I had emailed this video of Reuben's first experience with the ocean so at least we have it.



Lots more stories to share but bottom line, our vacation revived me.  I see it in my outlook, at work and at home and with the farm.  Now to make it last. . .

1 comment:

  1. Reuben is getting so big! And I could tell he definitely got a nice tan down in FL. How fun to get away from it all and get revived. And as for mandatory monthly vacations -- sign me up, sister!

    ReplyDelete